Monday, December 10, 2012

20% - Investigating a New Path

   






     I have been enviously reading Nour's accounts of delicious new recipes, Maureen's measurable accomplishments with Google, Far's videoed work product. My project has not been as concrete. How do you measure self-exploration and a growing facility with a new lexicon?
     In trying to define what, exactly, I've been spending this gift of 20% doing, I can only relate that this gift of time to learn something new, has been just that. I have been free to explore -  through readings online (Diigo Library!), inspirational TED talks, and chasing documents through Google Scholar - a burgeoning interest in a field away from my career and schooling.
     I feel as though I have been participating in a quirky online scavenger hunt, each find leading to the next. I have spent lost minutes gazing into space after stumbling upon a particularly thought-provoking quote or photograph. I have been moved to tears viewing inspiring videos, both beautiful and tragic.
Having come to the end of our EDUC travels, I can state, unequivocally, that I will be changing direction come fall, and that I will be using the tools we practiced here in this new sphere.
     Being able to invest this project time in the pursuit of an emerging passion as indeed, been a gift. Being able to research said passion more effectively than I ever could have three months ago is the sweet academic payoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment